hi, i'm sorry if this has been asked but in your powerpoint you said that the tumblr sj community is guilty of antisemitism. what kind of things has it done? also, i love your blog!
DEATHS CAUSED BY CAPITALISM:
- Native American Genocide, 1500s-1900s (direct killings and death from plagues; North, Central, and South Americas combined): 100 MILLION [x]
- Atlantic Slave Trade, 1500s-1900s (princessbuggie helped with this one): 4 MILLION [x]
- September Massacres, France, 1792: 1,200 [x]
- Famines in British India, 1837-1900: at least 165 MILLION [x]
- Potato Famine/Great Irish Famine, 1845-1852 (an anon helped with this one): 1 MILLION [x]
- Cholera Outbreak, Industrial London, 1849: 15,000 [x]
- United States Civil War, 1861-1865: at least 600,000 [x]
- Building First Transcontinental Railroad, United States, 1863-1869 (princessbuggie helped with this one): at least 1,200 [x]
- Belgian Occupation of the Congo, 1886-1908: 10 MILLION [x]
- Spanish-American War, 1898: 17,135 [x]
- United States 20th Century Coal Mining Industry: 100,000 [x]
- Courriéres Mine Disaster, France, 1906: 1,549 [x]
- Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire, 1911 (vivianvivisection helped with this one): 146 [x]
- World War I, 1914-1918: 16 MILLION [x]
- Building the Hoover Damn, United States, 1922-1936: 112 [x]
- Shanghai Massacre of 1927: at least 5,000 presumed dead [x]
- United States Intervention in Latin America, 1929-1987 (progressivefem helped with this one): 6 MILLION [x]
- The White Terror, Spain, 1936-1975: at least 100,000 [x]
- World War II, 1939-1945: at least 60 MILLION [x]
- Benxihu Colliery Explosion, China, 1942: 1,549 [x]
- Burma Railway, Thailand-Burma, 1943-1947: 106,000 [x]
- Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, 1945: at least 245,000 [x]
- Bodo League Massacre, Korea, 1950: at least 100,000 [x]
- Vietnam War, 1955-1975: 2.3 MILLION [x] [x]
- Guatemalan Civil War, 1960-1996 (an anon helped with this one): 200,000 [x]
- US Intervention in the Congo, 1964: 1,000 [x]
- Indonesian Anti-Communist Purge, 1965-1966: at least 500,000 [x]
- Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, 1965-2013: 21,500 [x], 1,000 more Palestinians have been killed in 2014.
- Iran-Iraq War, 1980-1988: at least 315,000 [x]
- Bhopal Disaster, Madhya Pradesh, 1984: 16,000+ [x]
- United States Railroad Workers Killed on the Job, 1993-2002 (princessbuggie helped with this one): 1,221 [x]
- Rwandan Genocide, 1994: 1 MILLION [x]
- United States Deaths Attributed to Cigarette Smoking, 2000-2004: ~1.7 MILLION [x]
- War in Afghanistan, 2001-present: 57,457 [x]
- Darfur Genocide, 2003-present: 10,000 [x]
- Iraq War, 2003-2011: 55,034 [x]
- Mexican Drug War, 2006-present: at least 100,000 [x]
- United States Workers Killed on the Job in 2012, as reported by OSHA: 4,628 [x]
- Hunger (un-feuilly-de-papier helped with this one): 21,000 per day [x], 16,000 of them children [x], 3,000 of them children specifically in India [x].
- Worldwide Occupational Deaths: 6,000 per day [x]
- Poor shelter, polluted water, inadequate sanitation, often from homelessness (sideeffectsincludenausea helped with this one): 50,000 per day [x]
- Occupational Asbestos Exposure: 107,000 per year [x]
- International Sex Trafficking: 30,000 per year [x]
"Communist Death Toll," according to The Black Book of Communism: 94 million
Capitalism Death Toll: 369 million (369,790,731), according only to the statistics I could get sources for. This number doesn’t even scratch the surface.
But, guess what? Tomorrow, we know for sure that capitalism will kill at least 77,000 more people.
I’ll take this one since I’m the blog’s resident Jew. Oy vey, where do I start…
That’s enough for now. If you’re interested in learning more about Jewish identity and anti-semitism, you are welcome to check out my personal blog: yochevedke. I discuss that stuff a lot.
Another Jew reblogging about anti-semitism. I’ve seen some increase in concern about this from goyim, but it’s been slow going. Hopefully we’ll pick up a big head of steam soon.
"The only people I ever see reblogging posts about anti-semitism are other Jews. Even a lot of my non-Jewish followers will reblog posts about racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. but ignore posts about anti-semitism, and that as a Jew makes me feel unsafe."
the amount with which this point in particular resonates with me is unreal
The main problem I have with Men’s Rights Activists is that their name really doesn’t do them justice. They’re Straight Cis White Men’s Rights Activists. I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists campaign for the inclusion of trans* men in their spaces.
I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists campaign to end the social stigma around black fatherhood. I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists campaign for better pay and equal career mobility for men of colour. I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists actively campaign for more gay men’s rights. I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists advise others in their group on how using f*ggot to emasculate men who aren’t part of their cause is alienating and marginalising other MEN.
I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists campaign, raise awareness of, or support victims of male rape unless it’s in order to derail a discussion around female victims of rape. I have NEVER seen Men’s Rights Activists campaign, raise awareness of, or support male victims of domestic abuse unless it’s in order to derail a discussion around female victims of domestic abuse. Men’s Rights Activists are hypocrites and frauds.
They’re bitter privileged white men who don’t want to campaign for the rights of men — they want to campaign to keep their privilege unchecked and their ability to discriminate against others. If you want to be a real Men’s Rights Activist — be a fucking (intersectional) Feminist. Peace out.